Friday, March 23, 2012

Hello Sunshine!


I am so happy to see the sun.  Like you wouldn't believe.  Not only do I get my laundry done (what is it about women - at the first sign of inclement weather all we think about is how are we going to get our sheets dry).  I don't have to stay inside getting fat from all the baking and episodes of Mad Men I have been watching.

Despite all this shiny happy weather, I do have plans to cook today.  I have a hankering for French Apple Cake.  I bought some New Season Delicious Apples last week which really should be called 'Floury Disappointment Apples' because they were exactly that.  On the outside they looked stunning.  Deep red, shiny and achingly crisp (I know crisp is more a texture rather than a visual but you get the picture).  They looked like the kind of apple a Wicked Witch would offer a Fairy Princess.  And, just like in the fairy tales, one bite was all it took.  Yuk.

So I think rather than throw them away, I will try and transform them with the magic of adding , rum, sugar and heat. 

As I write you, I am sitting out in my garden enjoying my morning cup of tea and trying to stretch out my black skinny jeans.  I really need to stop kidding myself when I buy clothing.  I mean, 'skinny'... One can dream.

It is amazing what a little sunshine can do for your day.

Until next time...

Kitty xx

2 comments:

  1. You sound so content with your home life, Kitty. I too, have been in my place for just over 10 years. Though I am still near every other locale I have lived, I am still not completely content here, because I have hustled and bustled much of that time. Still not quite a home. Needs more "Personalization..."

    When I get around to it! LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My home is like a little nest. I am always fussing about and adding to it and changing things so that it feels 'just right'. It is one of the things in life I have control over so I think it is why I obsess so much about it! xo

      Delete