Saturday, December 15, 2012

Good Mornings!

I never used to be a morning person.  There was nothing more I would love on a Sunday, than to pull up the covers and hide away from the world for a few minutes (or hours) more.  It wasn't because I would stay up late, I would just love the comfort and sanctity of my bed.  Cold mornings or the drudgery of the morning rituals that go with getting ready for work never helped either.


For a while now, I have embraced the early morning wake up and bounce out of bed.  Now that it is summer, the sun is usually up at around 5am, so it is harder for me to keep my eyes shut, especially through my not-so-thick curtains.  This doesn't really bother me, as it is nice to be up and about.  It gives me time to make breakfast, do some early morning exercise down at the beach or just sit outside in the cool of the morning and enjoy my tea on the patio.


Breakfast is a good motivator on the weekend.  I get up early and head down to the stairs on Hastings St.  These are like no other stairs I have ever encountered.  They take about 3 minutes to climb, at a steady pace, and when you get to the top, you virtually feel your heart beating in your mouth.  I do 2-3 laps up and down and then take a leisurely cool-down walk to the National Park before heading to one of the local cafes for breakfast.  Well, I figure I have earned it after all that sweat!


I have to give a plug to my local go-to place for Sunday breakfast - Grind on Gympie Terrace in Noosaville.  They make fantastic coffee and their breakfasts are generous and filling.  I love their scrambled eggs.  They make a wonderful breakfast sandwich which usually tides me over sometimes until dinner.  Keep an eye on the specials board too, their offerings never disappoint.  The service is fast and friendly, the staff are wonderful and the atmosphere is lively.  It makes the whole idea of exercise much more appealing when I know I have a delicious breakfast to look forward to as a reward!


My breakfast habits tend to improve after my visits to New York.  I eat more 'brunch' than breakfast (let's blame jet lag for early morning misdemeanours) which is better than my usual cup of tea, which is what I tend to pass of as my Monday - Friday breakfast when at home.  I am improving though, I keep breakfast bars in my desk and have one once I settle in to my work day.  These aren't ideal, I know, but I feel better to at least eat something than nothing at all.

I am feeling all exercised, fed, bouncy and ready to embrace the day.  I have plans for Christmas baking and straightening up in preparation for Christmas day.  I would never had this much done or the motivation had I stayed in bed!

Have a fantastic weekend whatever you do!

Until next time...

Kitty xx

1 comment:

  1. I would love to spend a Sunday with you* (after you got your lazy butt out of bed, of course)! It sounds really fun and relaxing! Can't really get myself motivated to do such things by myself.

    *Strictly platonic [Matt]

    ReplyDelete